When you think of cosmetics, do you think of your dentist? Well, you should if your dentist is Dr. Joel Johnson in Columbia. Expert in a wide array of services which improve smile appearance and self-image, Dr. Johnson can makeover your smile, giving you a look that's both realistic and highly functional.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
It's that branch of modern dentistry which improves smile aesthetics--that is:
- Tooth shape, size, and color
- Smile alignment
- How much tooth structure and gum tissue shows when a person smiles
- Repair of obvious defects such as hairline cracks and gaps
Many cosmetic services, such as professional teeth whitening, are budget-friendly, one-visit and simple to execute. Others, however, require modern diagnostic, imaging, and fabrication techniques such as Dr. Johnson's ED Digital fabrication processes for crowns, veneers and bridges. Whether used singly or in combination, aesthetic services from your dentist in Columbia render youthful, bright smiles which really last.
Types of cosmetic dental services
Dr. Johnson confers with his prospective cosmetic dentistry patients before beginning any treatments. He performs a complete examination and takes digital X-rays to ensure your treatment plan is built on a foundation of good oral health.
Also, you and your dentist will discuss the improvements you wish to achieve. Are ragged tooth edges detracting from your healthy smile? What about tooth color? Are tobacco stains so stubborn you think nothing can ever whiten them? Is your smile crooked, gapped, or crowded? These are the details you and Dr. Johnson will address to arrive at solutions that are practical, transforming and affordable.
Available cosmetic services
Your cosmetic dentistry plan will be tailored to include some of the following treatments as you and your dentist determine best. Dr. Johnson offers:
- Composite resin bonding, an efficient, one-visit repair of chips, cracks, gaps, and other small flaws using a durable and lifelike blend of acrylic and glass
- Porcelain veneers, or dental laminates, shells of ultra-thin ceramic which camouflage larger defects such as deep stains, mild crookedness, and misshapen tooth structure
- Porcelain crowns, durable and beautiful jackets of fine porcelain which support and beautify damaged teeth
- Professional teeth whitening, an in-office or at-home service which applies powerful peroxide gel, lifting deep dental stains from tooth enamel
- ClearCorrect invisible aligners, a faster, more discreet way to correct moderate orthodontic problems without the intricacies and inconveniences of traditional braces
A smile made just for you
Get it from cosmetic dentistry expert, Dr. Joel Johnson. Learn more during a one-on-one consultation with this caring and skilled dentist. Call the office for an appointment in Columbia, SC, (803) 788-2555. If you're a new patient, ask about free bleaching with your initial cleaning and examination.